Nantwich Food Festival is a treat for all the senses. Here is your chance to capture the atmosphere and the action of the festival and be part of next year’s publicity.
We are looking for photographs that capture the flavour of the festival.
Images must be taken over the festival weekend.
There will be 2 categories: 17 and under and 18+. Each competitor can submit a maximum of 6 images.
Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 on 30th September 2013.
Winning photographs will receive a fantastic prize and images will be displayed in Nantwich Museum.
This is a photographic competition that is open to everyone and all areas of photography, though only electronic entries will be accepted.
Your photograph(s) must be taken at this year’s festival (September 6th-8th 2013) and capture an aspect of The Nantwich Food and Drink Festival in some way.
Images may be taken on any format (e.g. film, SLR, or compact digital camera); however they must be submitted electronically to HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org in JPEG format. Images may not be larger than 5MB to eliminate issues with emailing images that are too large. Entries submitted late will not be considered and entrants who are discovered to have submitted an entry which does not belong to them will be disqualified due to copyright protection.
How to Enter
- Entries must be made online to HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org and must follow the image specifications outlined below
- Entrants entering the 17 and under category must be no older than 17 by 30th September 2013. Entrants who turn 18 during the entry period must enter the 18+ category
- There will be no fee for participation
- Entries must be received on or before the closing date. Entries submitted late will not be considered
- The closing date for submissions will be 23.59 hours on Sunday 30th September 2013
- Only electronic entries will be accepted
- Each entrant may submit up to 6 images. Entry images must be electronic and must be emailed to email@example.com
- Entry images must be clearly titled and show the entrant’s name and email address (e.g. Title-by-A-Body_ firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Entry images must be submitted as JPEG files and MUST NOT be larger than 5MB in file size
- Emails containing entries must contain the following information: Entrant’s full name, entrant’s contact details, category entered (i.e. 18+ or 17 and Under) and age of entrant at 30th September 2013.
- YOU MUST have taken the photograph(s) you send to us, or if submitting on behalf of someone else, you MUST have permission from them to send it/them to the Nantwich Food and Drink Festival
- Your images must not be obscene, must not reveal any proprietary or trade secrets, and must not defame or libel any person
- Your entry confirms that you or the person from whom you have permission to submit the images own(s) the copyright/s to them. If you are found to have submitted an image without permission, or to have stolen one from the internet, you will be disqualified
- By entering this photographic competition, you authorise the Nantwich Food and Drink Festival to use your image/s in publicity on the Festival website, social media and in print, without payment
Only digital JPEGS should be entered, minimum 2MB and maximum 5MB in size. Images taken using film cameras may be scanned in.
The Judging Process
The winners will be contacted via email no later than 31st October 2013, and the winning photographs will be placed on the Nantwich Food Festival website. It is anticipated that all competition entries will be available to view as projected images at Nantwich Museum following judging.
The judges’ decision with regards to the winning images will be final and shall be made in their sole and absolute discretion. Participants will not be provided with any opportunity to communicate with the judges regarding submissions.
The grand prize for images winning Best Photograph in both categories will be a large canvas of an exclusive image; the winner of the 18+ category will win a large bottle of champagne; the winner of the ‘17 and under’ category will win a prize of equivalent value. Prizes for runners up in both categories will be exclusive framed prints. These prizes are non-transferable.
Prizes will be displayed for public viewing throughout the Festival at Chatwins Café, High Street, Nantwich. Competition winners will be invited to the competition awards ceremony in November 2013 at Rookery Hall.